My research portfolio spans a wide area in the realm of medical image processing. My focus topics are:
- real-time ultrasound processing, including 3D freehand ultrasound, ultrasound reconstruction & compounding
- 2D and 3D image segmentation, multi-modal 3D/3D and 2D/3D/4D registration, and fusion
- robotic imaging & visual servoing
- machine learning & deep learning
In the course of the research for my Master’s thesis, I was working on heart modeling at Siemens Corporate Technology in Princeton, NJ, USA.
At ImFusion, I have been working in a diverse team of talented computer scientists, mathematicians and physicists to enable next-generation ultrasound products for the patient’s benefit. Currently, I’m leading the Ultrasound group.
Among other aspects of advanced ultrasound processing, we are investigating the following two topics:
- Trackerless 3D Ultrasound Reconstruction
- Multi-modal 3D Ultrasound Registration, incl. its automatic initialization
For more details have a look at our technology portfolio.